VLC Remote Free
VLC Remote lets you control your VLC Media Player on Mac, PC or Linux
VLC Remote Free makes it possible for you to use your phone to control your television. This way, you don't have to get up to change the channel or start playing a DVD in your DVD player. You also don't have to worry about not having a way to control your TV if you misplace your remote control. It's super convenient to take advantage of all the great features that are offered by VLC Remote Free.
There is a free setup included in the app that makes it easy to configure everything. This will also walk the user through the process of hooking up their Android phone.
Several valuable features are available here, some of which might not be available with other similar VLC remote apps. For one thing, there is a helper on the app that can make it possible for the VLC to be configured immediately upon setup without the user having to do anything. Not only will the app control volume, but it can also control other commands like tracking and positioning. The app can switch from fullscreen and back. Users are often quite happy with the attractive interface, and they like being able to control specific things like the aspect ratio of the screen as well as the display of subtitles.
Some users aren't happy with the fact that there are certain limitations when it comes to the free version of the app. The free version will not allow files to be browsed for like the paid version allows.
The app was produced by Hobbyist Software LTD. It's worth noting that it will only take up 5 MB of space on a device, making it quite lightweight. It runs on Android and it is available in English.
- The app is lightweight and won't hog all your device storage.
- VLC Remote Free is a convenient way to control your television using your phone.
- The free version offers a lot of features. Not only can you can control volume, but also more involved things like the aspect ratio of your television.
- There are a few noteworthy limitations when it comes to the free version. The free version does not allow for browsing files using the app. For this, there is a feature in the paid version of the app.
Dozens of small fixes to make the remote more stable and easier to use.
Translations updated (to improve them, go to http://translate.hobbyistsoftware.com)
Completely rebuilt. I hope you like the new look and improved functionality.
If you have feedback, please email us directly through the 'send feedback' option in the settings.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MEDIA_CONTENT_CONTROL: Allows an application to know what content is playing and control its playback.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.